collapse

* Recent posts

Author Topic: [BLUDCLOT037] Quiz 10 - "I Am The Mutant"  (Read 380 times)

Offline artbreaker

• The God Whisperer
  • Backstagers
    • GRINDTHIEVES
[BLUDCLOT037] Quiz 10 - "I Am The Mutant"
« on: February 11, 2013, 05:24:36 AM »

Quiz 10 from 2010 on number 037 in 2013.

Having worked with a couple of people previously featured or released on Bludclot and Grindthieves, you’re already familiar with his work even though you might not realize it. This is a collection of instrumentals from 2010 originally released via a seemingly very short lived and now defunct collective called Disassociated Music. We didn’t catch wind of this until fairly recently and only as a direct result of the brilliant Tahkid. We had a hell of a time digging up any real and concrete information about the release despite a good amount of internet hunting and questions posed to various sources. Inevitably, however, we got Quiz 10′s blessing to do whatever we liked with it – so when that message was passed on, it was instantly decided to put it out as part of the ever expanding and varied Bludclot Recordings catalog.

The tracks here are all instrumental sampledelic goodness of the highest order. Dabbling in traditional boom bap affairs, marginally jungle/drum’n'bass efforts, trip hop, IDM, lowkey electronica and more, “I Am The Mutant” truly is a creature of another sort when it comes to hip hop beatwork. Exercising a great deal of artistic freedom and creativity with his hip hop backdrops, Quiz 10 sits comfortably on the peripheral edges of traditional rap beats but these tracks could easily find themselves being laced by any number of MCs, big or small. Add to that fact that they still manage to come off fully effective all on their own, and you know this is certified winning.

+ BLUDCLOT037 – Quiz 10 – “I Am The Mutant”

01: –  ”Dr Seuss (intro)”
02: –  ”Electric Lace”
03: –  ”Fuga Z”
04: –  ”Portugal Portal”
05: –  ”Joe Blow”
06: –  ”Lectric Razor”
07: –  ”Real Open”
08: –  ”Premier Shit”
09: –  ”Hey Boy”
10: –  ”Muvana”

+ DOWNLOAD +