collapse

* Recent posts

Author Topic: Racist christmas present  (Read 2954 times)

Offline BAMBAMBAM!

• Backstagers
Re: Racist christmas present
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2009, 07:08:15 PM »
"hey ima put this online & say it's my work ? "
 no its not !  u  do have to mention wich material  u used !
i don't see where he claims the tracks are his...  :think:

refusing to give a tracklist is pretty much the same to me , it pretty much  means " well fuck the material , i did the mix & it's all u need to know ..."

& btw he does put this online saying it's his work ... many people can't make the difference between dj's & producers for shit & will think he created the whole damn shizzl !

do i need to explain further or do u start to realise u made a stupid comment ?  :razz:
what's really reaaally good niakkaaaaaah?

Offline brambo

• Administrator
  • Oneirich
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 07:27:02 PM »
and now some music
Burn your holy books & open your eyes. - Ali A. Rizvi

Hendrok

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 08:17:53 PM »
do i need to explain further or do u start to realise u made a stupid comment ?  :razz:
i make stupid comments all the time, it's kind of my trademark  :respect:

and for me a tracklist is not a must have. with TL's, people tend to make a judgement before they listened to the mix itself. imo it's up to the dj itself to make the choice whether he posts a TL or not

and other ppl have already posted mixes without TL's, why is this one such a problem all of a sudden?

Offline cthulhu303

• Monthly mix on Soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »
with TL's, people tend to make a judgement before they listened to the mix itself.
Spot on.
I'm not gonna have this tired conversation for the bazillionth time with either dustrickx, bananam or anyone else on here. If you don't want to open a christmas present without knowing what's in it, then just don't download. And don't school me on how to promote artists or how such and such should behave; that's plain laughable. :-)

dustrickx

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2009, 09:45:45 PM »
it's no discussion, no tl, no download, no listen no feedback, no promo, no favors, it's as simple as that ;-)
to me you can do whatever you want and you don't need to put an effort in a decent tracklists but it's the only way a mix can be usefull IMO why would i download something i may have listened to for a billion times? if there was anythin' in there that could grab my attention i'd download it...

Offline cthulhu303

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 10:07:50 PM »
I'll tell you one third and final time, then: don't download it. I'm not your personal jukebox and if that bothers you, it's perfectly fine for me. You are making a big fuss out of it, not me.

Offline osana twuk

• Backstagers
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2009, 11:43:47 PM »
it's no discussion, no tl, no download, no listen no feedback, no promo, no favors, it's as simple as that ;-)
to me you can do whatever you want and you don't need to put an effort in a decent tracklists but it's the only way a mix can be usefull IMO why would i download something i may have listened to for a billion times? if there was anythin' in there that could grab my attention i'd download it...

yeah, but the WAY that it is mixed can be so different from one dj to another and can be very suprising or cool too, if not, deejays would have stayed stucked at the weddingsshizzle, i thought YOU, as dj, should know that or think that way too, its not only the selection that matters

Offline BAMBAMBAM!

• Backstagers
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2009, 03:57:11 AM »
i make stupid comments all the time, it's kind of my trademark  :respect:

and for me a tracklist is not a must have. with TL's, people tend to make a judgement before they listened to the mix itself. imo it's up to the dj itself to make the choice whether he posts a TL or not

and other ppl have already posted mixes without TL's, why is this one such a problem all of a sudden?

itz not about this one specially and i'm not talking about making a selection of wich mix has cool tracks in it , it 's freaking respect towards the artists , u're using their tracks then make a fuckin tracklist , it's the abc ...
& why the hell is discussing a subject a problem ?

last time i checked forums were a good place to debate stuff but yeah i might be wrong  :mrgreen:

Post Merge: December 27, 2009, 06:01:45 AM
with TL's, people tend to make a judgement before they listened to the mix itself.
Spot on.
I'm not gonna have this tired conversation for the bazillionth time with either dustrickx, bananam or anyone else on here. If you don't want to open a christmas present without knowing what's in it, then just don't download. And don't school me on how to promote artists or how such and such should behave; that's plain laughable. :-)

oh u're such a rebel & a cool guy , i think i'm getting turned on , if u don't get the notion of respect for the intellectual property we don't have much to discuss indeed

btw the name's bambambam! but u can get the bananam up the pooper whenever u want esse !

never said u had to put a tl online here or tattoo it on yer penis , u could include one that only people downloading the damn mix could see for all i care ...

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 04:42:13 AM by BAMBAMBAM! »

Offline cthulhu303

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2009, 08:35:05 AM »
where is the time we had to move mountains to find the title of a track in some dope mix.  A quest of months to find out what it was, and then one day you're in the shop with that record in your hands and a big smile on your face. that's what it was all about.

If you want track titles, then listen to the freaking mix.
If there's a track you really like and you don't know the title, just make a sample and post it on the forum, you have the communication channels to do it. ACT, DON'T CRY.

No one wants to do efforts any more these days, it's one of the reasons why there's so much crap dj's around. just buying "the cool records" isn't enough to be a decent dj.

Suppose he gives you the tracklist, and it containst 95% tracks that you already have. I really doubt it that you will download the mix for that 1 or 2 tracks that you don't know.
A shame, 'cause you might get to know a new artist.

Cthulhu is a dj with a history, I'd be surprised if there's nothing in this mix that you don't know yet.

Hell, if you did the effort of listening to his mix and send him a mail what track you want to know, may be he'd just answer your question.

For the record: I'm not saying you (dust &bambambam) are crap dj's/artists. I don't know you enough for that. I'm speaking in general terms.
QFE

(Although tbh, now they've insulted me, I'm not sure I'd answer ;) )

Offline brambo

• Administrator
  • Oneirich
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »
CELL NAG TEAM :slayer:

I totally agree with Thomas btw...
Burn your holy books & open your eyes. - Ali A. Rizvi

Offline ztran

• CELL Donors
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 09:48:19 AM »
+ 1
verwende nesten precies

Offline BAMBAMBAM!

• Backstagers
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 02:04:22 PM »
omg u guys are really that slow ? i don't care about knowing wich track is in that mix i didn't & won't download anyway , where is the time when people understood that working on something is worth recognition ?
so i could take the mix here ,wipe out everything about who made it  & put it around on another forum & u tell me it won't be lame ? how the hell can u expect any dj to have history if nobody ever mention them ?

u guys are such cool trackhunters that u don't even care about the people who make those great tracks ?  way kool really !

seriously ...

& btw i didn't start to be insulting & i would really love to discuss this next time i see u  :mrgreen:

edit:  even the creators of south park hand out  explanations on the stuff that gave them ideas , movies lists etc ... i really think it is a must n not everybody goes to vinyl shops & stuff , i don't even own a turntable for that matter , it's really not about picking up tracks for mixing em myself or whatever , it's just about tpeople getting what comes to them !
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 02:29:22 PM by BAMBAMBAM! »

Offline dubflakes

• fear is in the eyes of di beholder
  • Backstagers
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 02:18:18 PM »
Ofcourse you should respect the people making it, without people making those tracks there wouldn't be any djs. But if you're not willing to post a TL, just mention the artists somewhere, So people can continue their search for tracks and parts in your mix and at the same time you show some love for the people that supplied tracks for your mixes.

I have downloaded them all and really enjoyed listening :mrgreen:
bigup really, hope there's more :mrgreen: 
We can thank Nazi German for what is known today as “Rave Parties” or as it is called in street talk “Acid Parades”. The Nazis were known for holding secret events, where they doped themselves up on heroin drugs and smoke meth rocks until all hours of the night, while banging on drums to put themselves into a state of enraged ecstasy. These drum beats (now known as bpm loops) where transformed into what modern day electronic house music sounds like and this is the same type of beat today’s candy hippies dance to while they shove pills of ecstasy drugs up their rectums and suck on cherry flavored ring pops.

Offline kros

• Backstagers
  • i told you i was harcore
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2009, 03:52:54 PM »
Wot, you don't like surprises?

just wanna know if it's worth the download ;-)
if it's all records I have it's no suprise and if it's records I don't have I wanna know who it is...
as a dj u owe this to the creators imo...

first of all: every mix of cthulhu is worth the download as he's simply one of the best dj's in belgium

but for once i have to agree with dustrix on this one

i think tracklists are necessary and good

i mean why not?

some aciddj's even used to put acidstickers or blank stickers over the center of the record so you cant see from who it is or which label etc when they are playin it

totally ruining the artwork of the record for starters...

not saying which track it is is kinda selfish and not polite... and disrespecting the producer of the track

i mean if i would make music i would be very fuckin pissed if someone uses my tracks and doesnt wanna say from who it is

makes a lot of sense to me

anyway, on the other hand i already asked for track id's regarding cthulhu's mixes and he immediately answered me

i also do agree with the fact that not a lot of people make lots of efforts lately
they're too happy with it way too early, and that gives a lot of crap

but thats mainly for producers not for dj's and i dont see a good link with the tracklist or not discussion

its not that if you know the name of the record that you have the record, you still have some hunting to do innit?
now that's an example of how to use humor to get your point across - in an agreeable way

www.bugklinik.com

Offline BAMBAMBAM!

• Backstagers
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2009, 04:20:15 PM »
BAMBAMBAM!

he already bought the record to support the artist, so he did his "supporting job".

soit, tskijnt dak moe blokn.

whatever man , u just don't get it , as kros said just try & produce a track that someone 'll use without mentioning it's urz , we'll see how u like it ...

not even talking about my case , don't really think Cthulhu ever uses any track of mine anyway

still the fact is there , u gotta give out your sources one way or another !

Post Merge: December 27, 2009, 05:22:55 PM

first of all: every mix of cthulhu is worth the download as he's simply one of the best dj's in belgium

i be on smallband & i be broke , cut me some slack ... :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 04:24:03 PM by BAMBAMBAM! »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal