collapse

* Recent posts

Author Topic: [neorave] Sunnymuffins - The Science Of Signs  (Read 423 times)

Offline dark_ikkeuh

• Master of YU
  • CELL Donors
    • http://soundcloud.com/dafreeze
[neorave] Sunnymuffins - The Science Of Signs
« on: September 19, 2020, 01:13:59 PM »

You can now stream/download my new full album “The Science of Signs”. If you want to support my project or music, go and listen/share this/tell a friend/play this in your rave/send me a cheerful message/…. HUGE thanks to everyone involved, Pita for the artwork, the remixers and every single soul that touches my heart.
Here’s a little curation of the sonic goodness that is inside :
1. ‘Don’t Overthink it’ is one of the easiest going tracks of the album, so the ideal ease-in for this electronic rollercoaster you are about to embark. It has these lo-fi vibes and was probably the most spontaneous and fluently written tune, hence the title.
2. ‘Peanut butter Banana Ice-cream’ is my favorite thing in the world of snacks and I wanted to translate this creamy goodness into easy-to-digest audio bits and pieces. The tune breathes light-heartedness and positive vibrations. Dance music that is meant to get a smile on your face.
3. ‘The Science Of Signs’ The title track and also one my personal favorites. Melodic drill and bass with some elements of neo-rave. Let the dreamy vocals take you on a journey through my melancholic mind.
4. ‘Don’t Overthink it (Headkick remix)’ Headkick took this remix to another level with his signature super-fast cuts and edits, injecting even more breaks into this. I love how the song is a constantly evolving and just keeps on building!
5. ‘Post Rave Blues’ is a mix of genres thrown together, dubby glitch hop meets drum and bass. I definitely look forward playing this one on a big soundsystem.
6. ‘Omnipresence’ Distorted percussion, tribal vocals and bass heavy frequencies with a thick sauce of “funny vocal sample”.
7. ‘Something With Jah Or Dub In The Title’ because sometimes the title says it all? I’ve wanted to incorporate a dub baseline into a rave track for a long a time and I’m pretty pleased with the results. Pump up those subs.
8. ‘The Science of Signs (Mike5000 remix)’ Mike has pumped the UK vibes into this remix and it shows (and flows). Heavy jungle breaks and pumping 4 to the floor frenchcore kicks make this a classic designed for the dance floor.
9. ’Tiger King Of The Fluo Jungle’ The fastest SunnyMuffins tune of the album! A hybridization of tekno, hardcore and high tech psytrance, with a lot of winks and obscure references that probably not a lot of people will get. Rave on.
10.  ‘Peanutbutter Banana Ice-cream (Audiotist remix) Audiotist leaves his mark with this remix, providing chopped up amen breaks, deep felt harmonic synths and blazing kicks in his established style. Don’t sleep on this one!
11. ‘Raggah Baggah with Headkick’ Another banging collab of the dynamic duo bringing you raggajunglepsytek or something like that? Definitely party material but can also be used to practice your dance moves in case things ever return to normal or be in shape when the zombie apocalyps comes.
12. ‘Peanutbutter Banana Ice-cream (Dafreeze remix)’  With an artist name like Dafreeze you can’t pass up the opportunity to remix a song title like that, right? To be honest, I wish I made this tune because I feel it’s a way better execution! It stays very true to the original  but adds all these elements that I wish I’d thought of.
13. ‘Annie’s Tune’ The title is another obscure meta reference to a show but nonetheless, this the most emotional track of the album. There’s a reason this is the last one.  The kind of ‘listening drum and bass’ - ideal for melancholic car cruises while reminiscing about all your past highs and lows.

remix gemaakt voor 1vde tracks

voor fans van rave,acid,jungle,d&b,hardcore, etc
https://sunnymuffinsmusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-science-of-signs

Offline brambo

• Administrator
  • Oneirich
Re: [neorave] Sunnymuffins - The Science Of Signs
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 09:16:51 AM »
cool! leuke artwork ook (y)
Burn your holy books & open your eyes. - Ali A. Rizvi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal