collapse

* Recent posts

Author Topic: Aphex Twin  (Read 29620 times)

Offline Slash

• Backstagers
  • Bleh!
    • Foggy
Bleh!

Online dark_ikkeuh

• Master of YU
  • CELL Donors
    • http://soundcloud.com/dafreeze
Re: Aphex Twin
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 08:09:28 PM »
zou vet zijn moest het lukken  :mrgreen:

Offline Slash

• Backstagers
  • Bleh!
    • Foggy
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:14:47 AM »
Sorry for the delay, folks - lots of things to hash out, etc. Anyway:

I spoke with Grant regarding this, and he and Richard have agreed to allow one-time duplication rights of the tracks off CAT023, and have negotiated with the seller for a reduced price of 5000 GBP (8368.54 USD as of 8/4), so that reduces the minimum amount to be paid to 10 GBP (16.73 USD). The seller has agreed to remove the listing from Discogs Marketplace for the time being (once the Kickstarter goes live), and apparently all agree that it's a good chance to give the hardcore fans a unique chance to own something that will never see the light of day otherwise.

Once the 5000.00 GBP funding amount is met, the record will be turned over to me, and in turn I will contract with someone to produce a high-quality rip (lossless) of the vinyl - in turn, all the people that contribute to the Kickstarter will get a digital version of the tracks, which will be provided by WATMM. The license Rephlex is providing for this is ONLY for the 500 people who contribute to the Kickstarter, nothing more.

Before the digital tracks are released, the record will be put up for auction on Ebay, and once sold, 1/3 of the proceeds will go to Richard/Rephlex as royalty payment, 1/3 will be divided equally between the Kickstarter contributors (a discount if you will off the initial purchase amount), and 1/3 to a charity that we will all vote and agree upon (suggestions are welcome - e.g.: Greenpeace, World Wildlife Fund...). Once the auction is complete and payment received, everyone will get to download their promised digital version.

I'm going to try and get the Kickstarter set up ASAP and will post a separate thread with information once that's done. Never did a Kickstarter before so bear with me!
Bleh!

Offline wooder

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:16:57 AM »
ale, nog nog wachten tot 1 van die 500 nen bootleg vinyl perst en i'm in.

ndrk

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 11:45:02 AM »
kvind da fanboy gedoe gewoon supergrappig... sowieso zullen der binnenkort wel illegale rips circuleren. good for me :up:

en als richard'je nu op de hoogte is en akkoord is, waarom verkoopt em gewoon nie zelf 500 digitale lp's? vriendendienst voor die verkoper zeker?

Offline Slash

• Backstagers
  • Bleh!
    • Foggy
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 12:13:03 PM »
en als richard'je nu op de hoogte is en akkoord is, waarom verkoopt em gewoon nie zelf 500 digitale lp's?

hij krijgt geld en hij moet er niets voor doen, klinkt aanlokkelijk toch? :-)
Bleh!

Offline Chronic Elektronic

• Internaut
  • Backstagers
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 12:15:37 PM »
I'm offended! That means I'm right.

Offline brambo

• Administrator
  • Oneirich
Geïnteresseerd in onuitgebrachte Aphex Twin? 10.000 euro graag
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 12:37:47 PM »
 Aphex Twin, de Brit die het experimentele Warp-label mee groot maakte, lijkt nog steeds fel begeerd. Er is een test pressing opgedoken van 'Caustic Window', een album dat in 1994 volledig klaar was, maar nooit werd uitgebracht. Die kan nu van jou zijn voor niet minder dan 13.500 dollar, ofwel net geen 10.000 euro.

De vinylrelease is te vinden op Discogs, en er zouden maar vijf exemplaren van bestaan. Hoe dat komt? Het album werd nooit uitgebracht. Slechts enkele bevriende muzikanten als Mike Paradinas (u-ziq), Grant Claridge-Wilson (mede-oprichter van Rephlex Records), Chris Jeffs (Cylob) en Aphex zelf zouden er eentje in bezit hebben.

De verkoper op Discogs beweert aan te kunnen tonen dat de platen authentiek en leverbaar zijn. Hij verkoopt ook 'Analogue Bubblebath, vol. 5' voor 1.000 dollar. Wie Record Store Day in het vizier had, kan dus z'n spaarpot even vroeger kraken.

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/1010/Muzieknieuws/article/detail/1846356/2014/04/08/Geinteresseerd-in-onuitgebrachte-Aphex-Twin-10-000-euro-graag.dhtml
Burn your holy books & open your eyes. - Ali A. Rizvi

ndrk

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 12:53:50 PM »
hij krijgt geld en hij moet er niets voor doen, klinkt aanlokkelijk toch? :-)
alsof het zo'n grote moeite is om eens ne search uit te voeren op zijn harde schijven en de originele WAV's of whatever door te sturen naar zijn/een label. en dan haalt hij er zelf meer geld uit en die ene kerel die zijn plaat wil verkopen niet. maar gelijk in da De Morgen artikel staat: degene die een kopie hebben zijn mensen die hij kent. vriendjespolitiek dus. tzou mij zelfs nie verbazen moest da gedoe van da "nieuwtje" allemaal al besproken zijn voor die plaat online te koop gezet is

en volgens mij komt da nu in de aandacht omda em weer wa naambekendheid wil opbouwen ter voorbereiding van ne nieuwe release of nen tour. fanboys beeke warm maken, weetwel

Offline Slash

• Backstagers
  • Bleh!
    • Foggy
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 02:13:42 PM »
ahja, die WAVs op zijn harde schijve van 2gig uit begin de jaren '90  :mrgreen:
Bleh!

ndrk

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 09:35:07 PM »
ahja, die WAVs op zijn harde schijve van 2gig uit begin de jaren '90  :mrgreen:
of lossless bestanden van zijn eigen plaat laten nemen, maakt nu nie uit

en moest ik een producer zijn die zoveel platen gemaakt heeft zou ik wel een fileserverke kopen voor da allemaal op te zetten

• Internaut
  • Backstagers
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:15 PM »

en moest ik een producer zijn die zoveel platen gemaakt heeft zou ik ..

:lol:

Offline Slash

• Backstagers
  • Bleh!
    • Foggy
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
Crowdfunding it is...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/watmmofficial/cat023-caustic-window-own-the-legendary-record-by

So, with official blessings from Richard James and Rephlex Records, if you contribute 16.00 USD (little under 10.00 GBP or around 11.20 EUR) and become one of the only people legally allowed to own a digital copy of the famed Caustic Window LP ripped straight from the vinyl in a lossless audio format that we will as a community vote and decide on. It's a superb way to support the artist by legally purchasing something you will never get to purchase otherwise - Rephlex has no plans and will not press this record commercially.
Bleh!

ndrk

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 10:10:30 AM »
iemand zin om samen te leggen en dan up te loaden? :mrgreen:

(en kvermoed dat da sowieso zal gebeuren :whistle:)

• Internaut
  • Backstagers
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 10:11:18 AM »
samenleggen?

precies sabam
hoeveel keer wilt ge aan de kassa passeren jong?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal